– The Self Defense Company

Reply To: Why zero tolerance for bullying or fighting in schools doesn't work.

Home Forums Self Defense Current Events and Culture Why zero tolerance for bullying or fighting in schools doesn't work. Reply To: Why zero tolerance for bullying or fighting in schools doesn't work.

James Goolsby
Participant

“The problem with current anti bullying and zero tolerance rules and regulations schools have is that bad kids don’t care if they break rules and to them the consequences of violating these rules…”

Dallas,

You make an excellent point. I would also add that it is much the same argument that is behind gun control. Not that I’m looking to go back to the “wild west” days, but the problem with gun control is that the only people affected by it are the law abiding citizens in the first place. The bad guys don’t give a rat’s behind what the law says because, well, they’re bad guys. That also why I find it absurd that a business or public area such as a mall would place the “no guns allowed” sticker on the door. Do they really think that a scumbag is going to see it and go, “Ok” and return his weapon to his car? It’s this kind of thinking that gets good people hurt.

Just my .02 cents.

J