David Carradine DEAD at 72 – The Self Defense Company

David Carradine DEAD at 72

Home Forums Self Defense Current Events and Culture David Carradine DEAD at 72

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Carradine was found hanged in a luxury hotel room and died as a result of suicide, though other sources say he died of natural causes.

Carradine was staying in Bangkok while filming a movie, according to Fox News. The film’s crew noticed his absence when they went out to a restaurant. A producer went to Carradine’s room and discovered the actor had died.

Carradine appeared in the late ’60s Western series “Shane” and went on to portray Shaolin monk Kwai Chang Caine in “Kung Fu” from 1972 to 1975, a role he reprised in a TV-movie and a ’90s TV series.

As a kid, I watched Kung Fu every week. If you were around in the 70’s you probably go your first taste of martial arts from this movie. I remember practicing kung fu moves on in my buddy’s yard. Man, I thought that was the coolest stuff.

RIP Kain

Damian

Damian wrote:
      As a kid, I watched Kung Fu every week. If you were around in the 70’s you probably go your first taste of martial arts from this movie. I remember practicing kung fu moves on in my buddy’s yard. Man, I thought that was the coolest stuff.

Damian[/quote:z7mk8m4k]

As did I.

Farewell Grasshopper . . .

Aww, damn… :/

I remember David from Kung Fu. I can’t believe someone would tough it out for 72 years and then let go like that…

It’s your life, at the end of the day- it’s yours to do with it as you please as long as it doesn’t affect others directly (ie suicide bombers).

Why he ended his life, I’m sure there will be a lot of theories, maybe he had just seen enough and wanted to end it on his own terms…

BTW- Him and Chuck in Lone Wolf McQuaid…that’s what I’m going to remember.

Like most people, him, Bruce Lee and “Kung Fu Theater” got me into martial arts. In a way, I have them to thank for my life.

Damian

Just a FYI for ya guys. Mr Carradine died strangulating himself during sex with likely a hooker. So it was a accident. Stupid as hell but a accident non the less.

I guess that’s OK then?

Personally I dont sit in judgement of what he allegedly did. As time goes on we will likely get the full story. It is my opnion it is HIS business what he did with his body and not mine. Just wanted ya guys to be informed and making convo.

I can’t agree more…

This guy on YouTube made a video response about his death and painted a clear mental image of what went down.

And most people are gonna think because it was a sexual act — couple with the employment of a hooker — that it’s a fuct up, embarrassing way to go… well, I think dying of cancer or a heart attack is a fuct up way to go; so I think David went down in one of the more awesome ways.

Besides, hookers are people too :)

Personally, I’ve often hoped I’d go by being strapped to a rocket and shot across the Pacific Ocean. If you’ve seen True Lies and remember the bit with the F-16 and the terrorist getting caught on the rocket at the end, you’ll get what I’m talking about.

“You’re fired!” :D

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.