I need help - can someone explain to me what on earth is going on here? – The Self Defense Company

I need help – can someone explain to me what on earth is going on here?

Home Forums Self Defense Current Events and Culture I need help – can someone explain to me what on earth is going on here?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

PAUL
      Participant

It would appear that the large lady is practicing to be murdered. While an extremely clown pretending to be an instructor is cheering her future demise.

Stuff like this is why I never would have made it in the military. I’m not employable in any corporate setting because I cannot handle nonsensical horseshit.

Now add the potential loss of human life to the menu.. I would have even less tolerance, if that were possible. If I thought an action – or lack of action – was going to get good people killed or endangered, I would become an extremely unfriendly person.

The only order I ever follow is whatever I think the right thing to do is. If that means that everyone becomes my enemy then so be it.

So, with respect to the circus sideshow that is martial arts and self defense..

This instructor should be beaten to death with a hammer. While he attempts to defend.

This shit is not amusing. This guy is literally going to get people brutally murdered..

In a way, a guy like this is even WORSE than an actual evil predator. He’s making that predator’s job even easier. While giving that same evil predator a laugh, while he kills this woman laughing.

And even if all that shit the lady was doing actually worked.. it’s still incredibly inefficient. Really? All THAT? Jesus! She’s gonna spend a half hour tickling one guy, while his buddies finish their lunches and then roll her into oncoming traffic or something.

I do not find this shit amusing. You can laugh at movie fight scenes, sure. A bunch of kids play fighting.

But what part of VIOLENCE do people not grasp? Murder or be murdered.

The problem in this video – and increasingly in society writ large – is a pathological level of dishonesty and self deception.

This lady should know better.

Generally, people want to look cool, not actually be cool.

Actual violence is not fancy. Although it can look impressive when executed brutally by a guy who’s been training perfect balance and movement and body control. Then that guy looks like a jungle animal even doing something simple like killing a guys with a hammer. But the action is still incredibly simple.

The basics of movement and balance are what make an impressive killer. Not a collection of moves.

Everyone can play basketball. But professionals don’t do anything fancier than you or I do. They just LOOK fancier doing the SAME simple shit because they train like.. athletes.

The thing about training proper movement and body control and balance is that that simple basic, boring skill will easily translate to ANY activity involving moving your body.

Including murdering murderers.

I watched it so many times… I still have no idea. I want to know who’s teaching it, but more importantly I REALLY want to know who is paying for it. That dude must have a dynamite marketing plan!

Like everything… there are two ways to look at it…
      First, the instructor is an evil piece of shit, quasi-cult leader who is clearly taking advantage of these unknowing people. The other…is that the instructor is JUST LIKE THEM…never been in anytime of altercation and has been duped/taught by his instructor and his instructor before him..I’ve seen this so many times…more times than not, just a perpetuation of bullshit.

You can’t help but look at these students…do any of them look like that played a contact sport…I don’t think they have even bumped into someone else by accident. It is a shame…that the result is this…

My hope is that if they were ever faced with a REAL threat, their instinct would tell them to get the hell out of there.

That’s spot on.

You see the instructor to instructor perpetuation of terrible material in anything that requires instruction. The survival industry is loaded with it. Book after book is published and class after class is taught with the same wrong regurgitated info from over 100 years ago. I read an NRA woodsman article about water purification a few months ago that was so wrong it made my soul hurt. My hope is it was a typo, but the same “typo” persisted so I doubt it.

You make another great point that it takes two people, teacher and student. If a student isn’t evaluating the instruction they are receiving against a realistic framework then anything seems legit. There definitely exists a personal responsibility for determining the quality of material. It is easy to be caught up by a charismatic person who seems like they know, but an objective step back reveals the holes. I experienced that first hand with Chris P., there are many reasons I jumped that ship and stayed here (that could be its own thread lol).

For your last point… unfortunately if they think they are receiving good instruction they likely don’t have the instinct to know they are in a bad situation until it’s too late.

Now that you bring this up…I think it’s pervasive in everything…yoga, pilates…umm..science LOL. It’s just bizarre that with the interwebs a lot of this stuff just keeps on living.

Yes….they (students) obviously haven’t had any real life experiences to reflect upon…but even then…I’ve seen some really tough dudes practicing some bizarre stuff…

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.