Needful equipment!? – The Self Defense Company

Needful equipment!?

Home Forums Welcome to the Legion! Needful equipment!?

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi folks,
      I’m thiking of purchasing The Self Defense Training System (SDTS) and wonder about also purchasing some equipment that would be useful for the training?

I’m talking about equipment like heavy bag, focus mitts, etc etc.

Already own a BOB, some barbells and dumbells, and even some soft air gun for gun disarming.

Dude,

I bought the entire program in one shot, and I believe it is the
      best system ever! I am already soooo mean and I just started!!!
      Dude, you got a dummy! I can’t get one here in South Africa, so I’m making
      one. But, I’m not even on the dummy drills yet, I practice the strikes and am hardening my hands etc,
      Man, buy this course, take it seriously and you will be un-stoppable,
      but do it in the correct spirit. It cost me R7000.00 (2x normal S.A persons salary).
      I would have paid R14000.00 for it.
      It rocks hard. Man, Im a Boer and I tell you now, if I hammer fist some
      normal dude, he is dead. go check me hand conditioning here:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qa031lhnAA8

Buy it now or be a weener.

For this is a system where you make the style your OWN.
      No one can train against a personal conscious choice, that has
      no set moves, combos or limits. The limits are determined by
      by your creativity and genetic potential.

Gunther Jurgens Kotze!
      Half Boer/Half Norwegian swine.

If you guys want I can post some pics on how I made my own dummy.
      Basically, I used thick electrical cable (almost 2 inches in diameter) and put 2 thick pillows together for the torso. Then duct taped the whole thing together arms legs and all. For the head I used a thick old shirt and bunched it up put it around a mop stick which converged with the torso. I duct taped that as well.
      The whole thing costed me about $180.
      I use it on the ground and for stand up I hang it off of some pull up bars.
      I can pound on it and grapple it, it works great for both.

I’m very close to buying the whole set as well, especially as it’s now more affordable. About another month away.

Any more comments about the material covered and how you go about practicing would be appreciated.

Omer.Kishanov
      Participant

I have a question concerning the bob dummy ,is there an alternative idea as far as the water base? Would like to hear some other approaches ,thanks

@–Omer.Kishanov– said:

I have a question concerning the bob dummy ,is there an alternative idea as far as the water base? Would like to hear some other approaches ,thanks

The water base I fine. Just do like I did. 100 lbs of sand and the rest water. Oh I have a wave master and not bob it’s works fine for me right now until I can get BoB. Also to the guy who made his dummy for $180. You can find a BOB on Amazon for $185. It’s great tho to make your own equipment. I made a “heavy bag” out of my fathers old military duffle. This thing holds up like a champ, I’ve used it the past 6 years for sand bag workouts with 125 lbs of sand in it. Now it’s STUFFED with old rags and clothes and weighs in at 55 lbs. perfect for working on Mod 3 ground fighting and mod 10 the throws. Guys I highly recomend the SDTS I have had to use it a couple times since I started 4 months ago, this stuff works especially if you train honestly and work it till it’s instinctual and convulsive meaning you can do it in your sleep. I will start another testimonial thread this week as I was involved in another incident last night in New Orleans and one not as far as fighting but life saveing yesterday afternoon. Let’s just say my weekend was filled with ups and downs.

Omer.Kishanov
      Participant

Ok I am in an apt and is there a way to put weights on the base maybe with the water as I need the portability?

You really can’t put weights on it. To weigh it down it’s either water or sand or both. For portability and training I recomend getting a furniture dolly. Train with bob on top of it and it will move with you while your hitting it. Makes the training a lot more realistic bc an assailant isn’t going to stand still, your training shouldn’t either.

Omer.Kishanov
      Participant

Interesting thanks for advice.

@–Omer.Kishanov– said:

Interesting thanks for advice.

No problem, any time.

What is a carpenter sponge?

I have an idea for hand conditioning let me know what everyone thinks. What if you took a sports mask say a hockey mask for example. Rigged it with carpenter sponges or sanding sponges and sanding paper. Secured it to your B.O.B’s face then just went at it working your strikes in a more realistic fashion?

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.