Testimonial: This $#!T Works!!!!! – The Self Defense Company

Testimonial: This $#!T Works!!!!!

Home Forums Welcome to the Legion! Testimonial: This $#!T Works!!!!!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      James Goolsby
      Participant

I’m not sure if this is the right forum category for this, but I wanted to get it out there. For anyone who is still in the “checking it out” phase, let me assure you that this shit works!

For those of you who don’t know me, I am a police officer. I am currently assigned to work in the hospital. The other night I was dispatched to a disorderly patient call. Upon arrival, I observed the patient pick up a large, hard-bound book, chuck it across the room, and hit a nurse. I immediately grabbed one arm and my partner grabbed the other. Unfortunately he was able to slip my partner’s grasp, ball up his fist, and tried to punch him in the face.

Now, mind you, this patient was elderly, but as I’ve learned on this job, a “blue-hair” can hurt you just as bad as anyone else. Nevertheless, I didn’t want to necessarily hurt him at this point. Without even thinking about what I was doing, my “instinct” kicked in, as well as my (so far) Module One training. I quickly executed a Drop Step and Double Shoulder Stop. Holy Crap! At the doorway, the guy’s feet literally left the floor and he did not “land” until he hit the bed in the middle of the room. I honestly scrunched my shoulders and winced… I thought I had killed the guy! At this point, he rolled back over, flipped me off, and then pulled his blanket up and closed his eyes.

Needless to say, SDTS works EXACTLY the way Damian predicts. I have a background in several traditional martial arts, as well as some of the newer combatives systems such as Krav Maga. I can assure you, nothing I have ever used even comes close to the simplicity and effectiveness of SDTS. Nothing!

So work hard, stay safe, and to quote my newest mentor, Train Honestly.

Peace.

James,

I’m sitting here laughing because I KNOW EXACTLY HOW YOU FEEL! I’m also getting a kick that tough, old bugger flipped you off – what a great visual.

It’s all about asserting dominance, right? He was flexing his muscle got jacked and said oh well, time to go back to bed.

A lot more effective than trying to “wrist lock him.”

Shock and dominate. Period.

Pain compliance has a tendency to piss people off and escalate the situation.

Now if that went the other way and the guy came at you hard, then you got to put him down.

Great work James.

Great testimonial my friend.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.