There's a lot of truth to what Jack Lalanne says about why Americans are so sick and tired :)! – The Self Defense Company

There’s a lot of truth to what Jack Lalanne says about why Americans are so sick and tired :)!

Home Forums Self Defense Current Events and Culture There’s a lot of truth to what Jack Lalanne says about why Americans are so sick and tired :)!

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Dallas Williams
      Participant

Well I for one am sick and tired of being sick and tired. Fresh juice for everyone!!! Lol.

Young Wang
      Participant

Jack Lalanne was probably the last mainstream non-steroid using bodybuilder. Him and Charles Atlas.

James Goolsby
      Participant

@Young Wang said:

Jack Lalanne was probably the last mainstream non-steroid using bodybuilder. Him and Charles Atlas.

It’s always been interesting to me that when you see the bodies of “confirmed” non-steroid users, they all have the Navy Seal/Crossfit/p90X/SDTS Combatives type bodies. You nailed it, Young; guys like Lalanne and Atlas seem to be about as big as one can get naturally. I have yet to see anyone that competes in Mr. Olympia and World’s Strongest Man type events that, eventually, maintains that their physique is achieved without the use of some form of “enhanced supplements”.

We had one fellow in our class at the police academy who was a body builder. He looked great, but was always dead last on the distance runs, and when we got to Defensive Tactics class he was practically worthless. He was so muscle-bound that he simply could not perform some of the techniques — his arms wouldn’t allow it. For me, I’m at the age that I could care less about how I look (even though, of course, a natural body looks great), but more about form and function. What good does it do to have, as Damian says, “pumped up beach muscles” if you can’t use them. I’d rather have hidden strength that can whip a bad guy’s arse if needed! Wink

Dallas Williams
      Participant

Right on James when I work out of course looking good is always a perk, but my main concern is how well my body can perform under stress when situations call for it. What you said about the bodybuilder guy in your police academy class, there comes a point when because of steroids and other performance enhancing supplements that guys simply become too big for their own good. Too much extra bulk is hard to maneuver around and costs you a lot of flexibility, and most importantly for long duration events that huge muscular body’s oxygen demands simply become too much and they gas out. If you watch heavyweight boxing or mma matches you’ll notice after a couple of rounds the big guys don’t have enough left in them to do much but just barely struggle and hold on to each other the whole time for support to keep from passing out but those lightweight guys will be bursting with energy and fight hard fast and continuous right up until the finish in effect making them more fun to watch. Besides most women if you ask them prefer a man who looks strong, lean, and fit but not unnaturally huge or muscular like a bodybuilder with huge veins popping out all over the place, they say it looks gross and implies to them that the man is a narcisist that is unbalanced and puts way too much time and effort into his body. Not to mention guys that juice have nuts the size of green peas lol. If size and strength is really everything that there is to being able to fight well then why did Brock Lesnar quit mma because he started getting his ass kicked every time, many times by much smaller weaker guys. You ain’t gotta be a body builder or world’s strongest man contestant to be able to deliver knock out blows if you’re well trained and know what you’re doing. Plus if needed that’s why we also have module 9 for to give anybody the upper hand with the right weapons Laugh

Dallas Williams
      Participant

And I don’t even supplement any other than a daily multivitamin to recover after my work outs. I just try to get enough calories and all necessary nutrients and vitamins and sufficient protein and carbs through my diet through natural means to gain strength and muscle and so far I’m still seeing good results.

You nailed it Dallas. Personally I train just to train, why? Because I love it. I’ve done a lot of different types of training since high school, when I was the chubby kid(but also the chubby kid who could run a 6.5 min mile and a 59.6 second 400 meter when I was on the track team) I was always active growing up but I ate like crap and had the weight to show for it. When I stopped focusing on getting big and all that and just started training for fun I enjoyed it more like it wasn’t a chore anymore. Sure I’ve done my share of supplements nothing ever illegal just border line. But now it’s just a multi vite and daily training of some type. Like this am I only did two rounds of circuit one in mod 7 and I feel great. A little each day goes a long way!

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.