“People Don’t Join The Self Defense Company Because We’re Different…They Join Us Because They Are…”
The Self Defense Company provides practical and realistic personal protection solutions through live and online tactical training and military grade body armor for every day wear.
Founded in 2007 by lifelong martial artist, coach, bodyguard and defensive tactics instructor Damian Ross with the motto “You don’t need a black belt”, The Self Defense Company provides its members essential self defense skills through the cornerstone program The Self Defense Training System (SDTS).
The Self Defense Training System (SDTS) is based on over a century of research and development of modern warfare conducted by the British and United States military and law enforcement beginning in China and Japan in the early 1900’s and reaching its peak during World War 2, Korea and Vietnam when close quarter combat was a part of warfare, espionage and civilian resistance.
The Self Defense Company and its instructors provide this elite training through on demand video courseware and live instruction both online and in person.
Below are a few of our Instructors, for an up to date list please use the INSTRUCTOR LOCATOR.
Founder The Self Defense Company
- 4th Degree Black Belt Tekken Ryu Jujutsu and Combatives under Carl Cestari
- 2nd Degree Black Belt Judo under Yoshisada Yonezuka
- 2nd Degree Black Belt Tae Kwon Do
- Varsity Wrestling Lehigh University
- 2x National Runner Up Judo, Black Belt Masters
- 3rd Place Bando Nationals Kick Boxing Black Belt Division
- New Jersey Starts Champion Judo – Black Belt Division
- Former Bounder and Bodyguard with NJ Conceal Carry Permit
- Certified Coach and Trainer State of New Jersey
- Varsity Wrestling Coach Ridgewood High School, Ridgewood, New Jersey
- Ridgewood High School Hall of Fame Football and Wrestling
- Bachelor of Arts, Lehigh University
- Fire Fighter
- Cancer Survivor