Questions about OC Spray and talking to LE in California – The Self Defense Company

Questions about OC Spray and talking to LE in California

Home Forums Tactics and Training Questions Questions about OC Spray and talking to LE in California

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Samir M.
      Participant

Hi Damian,

I have a few additional questions, and it’s regarding pepper spray (OC/CS). What are your thoughts and opinions on it for concealed carry? I was looking to purchase a 3 oz cannister of something like Fox Labs or other less known brands but more effective such as Vexor or DPS (i did some googling and researching). If you haven’t been to California in the past decade, you’d sort of see where I’m coming from. Of course this is no replacement for self defense training, just something to have on me for additional protection.

Because of mass immigration from south of the border and the overall culture here, the crime rates are increasing and there are also more cases of road rage attacks. I have a friend who was driving to work in Southern California (he lives in Orange County), and one day he accidently cut off another car on highway 405. Being a little egotistical , he flipped off the driver who kept honking his horn, and this individual followed him for about 10 minutes. Luckily, he was able to escape due to the heavy traffic. I also have a cousin who lives near San Francisco, and he was in a similar situation but in this case the other car followed him all the way to work, I’d say for 5-10 miles! He called the authorities on his way there, and luckily the mentally unhinged driver sped off.

California’s crime rates and overall “toughness” is nothing compared to the Northeast (NY, Philadelphia, Detroit, Newark, Camden), but there are guys here who think they are tough and will pick a fight or physically attack someone because they want to overcompenstate and feel macho. These morons wouldn’t last anywhere in the rough spots on the east coast, lol.

Also, I am sorry to say the police and law enforcement here are not people I tend to rely on or trust. I know they’re just doing their jobs, but based on the situations my friends have been in, and based on what I know, I simply see them as power abusers and enforcing needless laws rather than going after the real hard criminals in East Los Angeles or Oakland, California.

Also,

I see you mentioned two of your friends are criminal attorneys on your podcast. As in defense lawyers or prosectors? Again, I don’t mean to say I’m against DAs and such but here in California the prosectors and judges are no friends of ours. I have friends who’ve been in situations where they were being harassed and being called ethnic slurs (they are Indian like myself), and the other parties were either White, Hispanic or Black.

They were called names like foreign dotheads or something, and returned with names like white trash, wetback or the n word. In response, these other ethnicities returned not by more words but starting a fight and closing the distance. Which is why I say, if I ever have to use a chin jab or OC spray on someone attacking me, I have no interest in speaking to the cops. I’d rather LEAVE THE SCENE.

What are your thoughts ? Thank you.

Samir –

Thanks for posting. Regarding the OCS, make sure it’s a fog pattern and can cover a decent distance (6 feet). Make sure you test it – outside and down wind please:). This will let you know what to expect.

Every time you get a new OCS, you should do a little test fire. After, make sure you wipe it clean because if the residue gets on your hands it will not be a good time.

Finally, make sure it’s something you want to carry. Small enough to drop into your pocket and put in your hand when you’re walking through higher risk areas.

Keep in mind a cop handing a situation has to approach it like EVERYONE is guilty for safeties sake. They’re not there to decide who’s right and who’s wrong. They’re going to take the report, make sure no one tries to kill each other and take the person who they think is the antagonist away. The courts decide who’s not guilty. I understand that you know this already and they’re are bad cops – just like any other job, but you’re not going to get “justice” from a cop…you’re not supposed to.

Regarding the courts – it’ not a bout TRUTH it’s about what you can PROVE. We talk about this in the ELITE MEMBERS stay out of jail blueprint (https://www.myselfdefensetraining.com/stay-jail-blueprint/).

Prosecutors and DA’s want to go for the win. They will pick cases based on the type of case, the evidence and how quickly they can come to a verdict in their favor. A lot of them or over worked and underpaid while some of them (like the Southern District of NY) have low paying high profile jobs that will propel them into a high profile/ high paying career. Either way, they want wins.

Don’t go to the criminal justice system looking for the truth. Knowing this you should always operate under the premise of being able to prove something.

Do you have a bad neighbor? Maybe instead of blowing him off you should file a complaint. At least there will be a record of your issue with the court so later when something does blow up – you have something to point to…see what I mean?

Finally – leaving the scene is ALWAYS a good idea. It’s just words – fuck ’em. Racism is the easiest and lowest form of insult – DOT HEAD, simple minded – unoriginal assholes.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.