Review of Module 1 – The Self Defense Company

Review of Module 1

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

For all new to all of this I thought I would write a small review. I am the type of person that really checks things out, and goes through them well before making comments. All I can say is that this course is the best money I have spent. I have trained for years in various styles of martial arts, and find this system the best in real world situations So right their it is worth it. The Units and modules are easy to follow and Damian does one hell of a job at breaking everything down, so not stone is left unturned. The drills are great and each unit the way it is laid out gives one short viewing time and time to get up and practice.

Everyone can do this, everyone can learn this if they put in the time and effort. I am visually impaired. I was born with one eye, and lost some vision in the other after an accident. I read with a magnifying glass, and use a magnifying program on my computer to see better. I am a retired firefighter, and anyone in that business knows what damage 20 years does to your knees and back and falling through roofs did not help.. Currently I study Krav so that I can train with other people and socialize a little and training with others motivates me. All I can say is keep going, keep working, fight through the pain, and follow what Damian tells you, and take your time. You will find that you will get so much more out of the system then you could ever imagine.

I am sure I will have many questions as I move forward, but from what I have experienced Damian and the staff and members here are great at helping folks out.

So if you just ordered the material, start working with it, don’t wait, get right in and start practicing, you will not be sorry.

You will only get out of it what you put into it.

Thanks to Damian and the staff, great stuff.Smile

Dave

Dave. Good review. This is the simplest most straight forward and complete system I have ever seen. As you move through the mods you will see that mods 1&2 are really the most basic yet most important modules. You will use the same gross motor skills throuout the entire system especially the edge of hand and tiger claw. Just remember Lead with Speed Follow with Power.

James Goolsby
      Participant

David,

Excellent review. What’s funny is that I believe that if Damian asked each of us to write a review of SDTS, they would all pretty much sound like yours. I would venture to guess that most of us were a bit skeptical when we first heard about Damian and/or his system. But once we saw… oh… about 8 seconds of it, we were all hooked! Laugh

It truly is the simplest, and yet most effective, system I have ever come across in the last 30 years. Period!

Anonymous
      Inactive

I can’t say enough good things about the system and have started on Med 2 I am visually impaired after an accident and now on a fixed income and well trying to find work in this area because I can no longer drive is impossible, So I have lots of time to practice and I am with the kids most of the day. Well to show how easy it is they watch with me and they are learning as I go, and they are doing very well at the drills. They are mature enough to understand when and when not to fight, so it is working for them. We are being very careful about hand conditioning since they are still growing and being a retired medic that has also worked OR’s and worked with orthopods I know what they can handle.

Our middle child is deaf and is 7 he came home from school, and I have no idea where he got this from but signed are we working with Uncle Damian today. man I laugh my ass off, but the boy is lovable. So I found something that makes him feel good, which is completely worth it. It is fun trying to find ASL signs for some of this, or make them up.

James Goolsby
      Participant

That’s awesome, David. Keep up the good work.

One thing you may want to check out also is Damian’s Family Safe program. I just got the DVD in and it is amazing. It is focused mostly on the kids but don’t let that fool you. There is information in there that most adults don’t even know. It’s pretty inexpensive; I think it cost me around $30 or so including shipping, so it’s easily doable. It would be a terrific program to go through with your family as well as any other friends you may have with small children.

Soon it will be available here (along with Guardian and Protector) the pages are already built and it’s on the server.
      It’s just number 11 in a list of things [Dave Williams] is doing.

James Goolsby
      Participant

@Damian Ross said:

It’s just number 11 in a list of things [Dave Williams] is doing.

Along with probably 99 MORE things in your head you have’t even shared with poor Dave yet! Laugh

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.