Some important points to remember about module 8. – The Self Defense Company

Some important points to remember about module 8.

Home Forums Tactics and Training Questions SDTS Module 8: Weapons Defense Some important points to remember about module 8.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Dallas Williams
      Participant

1. Obviously the most important principle to remember is to no matter what attack the man, because whether the attacker is holding an AR-15, crowbar, chainsaw, ice pick, whatever it’s not going to do a damn thing if the person operating the weapon is rendered non functional. In a dynamic attack when you’re not in the more optimal position of having a weapon in your own hands to use against him yourself whether it’s a man just trying to strike you with his fists, slashing or stabbing at you with a blade, or swinging a blunt object at you, the only thing to remember is sidestep the hell out of the way at a 45 degree angle and start beating the shit out of him with the basic fundamental strikes we learn from modules 1 and 2 until he is rendered defenseless and non functional and unable of causing you any harm( unconscious or dead).

2. The only time to worry about clearing the weapon is during a static attack situation, ex. somebody puts a knife to your throat, gun to your head, because in these situations deflecting the weapon first is necessary because if you just immediately begin attacking even if your first strike is a knock out blow there is still a chance his finger could involuntarily close on the trigger and shoot you or a knife to still slash it’s way across your throat. To begin with if you find yourself in this kind of situation then you’ve already screwed up by failing to be aware of your surroundings and establishing distance as are basic fundamentals from module 1 or 60 Minute Self Defense but now you’ve got a weapon being held on you so you have no choice but to deal with it. And the best time to act is when you are first approached with the weapon because attackers will expect the automatic reflex of one to stick their hands up in a defensive position when held at weapon point and it is at this moment as you are raising your hands that you have the best window of opportunity to act to clear the weapon and begin striking. Another advantage you have in such situations is that most of the time in static attacks is the assailant doesn’t want to kill you, at least not at the moment until he gets what he wants from you whether that is money, your fine clothes or jewelry, your car, or to take you way somewhere and rape you and then kill you. People will say well just give the attacker what possessions of yours he wants and only resist or fight back as a last resort and maybe he will leave you alone after that. Well what if your material possessions aren’t enough to satisfy him, what if he also wants to haul your ass or your daughter or wife away to an isolated patch of wilderness and rape, mutilate, and murder do you really want to give him any more time or opportunity to carry out something so sick and sadistic and act like one who will be easy prey? The time to fight back resist and escape is right then, not when the assailant has already made off with you and you’re bound and gagged in the trunk of his car and is driving you away to carry out his evil intentions. Besides even if all they want is your material possessions those are your things you’ve bought and acquired with your own hard earned money so why should you have to just hand them over to some lazy bum or who would rather rob or steal from others than earn what they get or drug addict who just wants to pawn your shit off for drug money.

3. The biggest point to remember about all of this is don’t be an easy target and despite all of your efforts you still end up being the victim of a hold up or weapon attack or any attack for that matter then fight your attacker with everything you have and beat, stab, or if you have enough time and reactionary space draw your gun and blast the fuck out of them until they’re either non functional or dead and you have the opportunity to escape. For example, just a few days ago on the news in my home state in Nashville a man attempted to carjack this 65 year old grandmother at knife point in a mall parking lot and she immediately fought back and started eye gouging him and according to her story and police he immediately pulled away from her got out of her car and ran away only to be arrested hours later. The thing is these guys that do things like this want easy targets who they think won’t be willing or capable of fighting and resisting them( old ladies), and this dude apparently picked the wrong target so he fled. and perhaps he might have been willing to risk going to prison for armed robbery or grand theft auto but not something that could put him away for life or get him the death penalty like murder.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Dallas great write up, and I fully agree, and folks need to remember that when weapons are involved you are fighting for your life. You have to fight with every ounce of strength and aggression you have. In my mind this is kill or be killed and one of us is leaving alive or functioning and I will do everything in my power to make sure I am that guy leaving in that situation. Too many just do not understand that when attacked we have to hit with hate, hit to hurt and use controlled anger to make sure we are not injured or killed. I really do not care what I do to an attacker, because he or she does not care what they do to me.

I have been involved in martial arts and self defense for over 30 years now, damn I feel old, but once I dropped the system stuff, or martial arts ego and pride I can fully see the wisdom in everything Damian has taught us so far. Traditional arts have their place and are fun and a great way to get in shape, but SDTS is what will keep you alive.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.