Test Your Understanding of Weapons Defense – The Self Defense Company

Test Your Understanding of Weapons Defense

Home Forums Tactics and Training Questions SDTS Module 8: Weapons Defense Test Your Understanding of Weapons Defense

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Young Wang
      Participant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZL7P1bpN1ec

What are these guys doing wrong? What are they doing right? Without reading anything else, just watch the video and comment.

I should note these two instructors claim to have trained extensively with Carl Cestari. But it seems like they’ve spent much more time reading old WW2 manuals.

Georgios T
      Participant

@young-wang hey, is the video still available somewhere? I’d love to watch it

Young Wang
        Participant

No, looks like they deleted it. I remember commenting objectively on their video and was blocked. Basically they demonstrated a dynamic attacker lunging in with a single lead hand knife thrust.

They than used the forearm parry as taught by Rex Applegate to deflect the thrust and followed up with blows.

I hope it’s obvious why it’s not what Carl and Damian teach and more importantly why it demonstrates a lack of understanding of reality. The WW2 methods were by no means perfect. Carl and Damian have improved the methods significantly by stripping out all of the bad.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.