There is no age limit of which an individual can be deadly and their actions may warrent deadly force! – The Self Defense Company

There is no age limit of which an individual can be deadly and their actions may warrent deadly force!

Home Forums Tactics and Training Questions Conceal Carry, Law Enforcement and Security There is no age limit of which an individual can be deadly and their actions may warrent deadly force!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Dallas Williams
      Participant

You know, we have a tendency to dismiss the elderly because they’re viewed as victims. But bad is bad, no matter how old.

James Goolsby
      Participant

Exactly!!!

I think I mentioned this in another post, but as my Lt. always says: A “blue-hair” can pull a trigger as easily as anyone. Case in point above. NEVER assume just because a person is old/young, thin/fat, male/female, etc. that they can”t hurt you. I’ve been in, ahem, “altercations” with kids as young as 11 and men as old as in their 80’s. One of the best shots I ever took to the ol’ noodle came from a 16 year old psyche patient in the Children’s Hospital. Needless to say, these days I treat everyone I’m in contact with as a potential threat. At the end of the day there is only one goal… going home to see my family.

Stay Safe.

I heard a story when we were training a group of LEO some decades ago – so I can’t verify it with names and places.

But this goes along the lines of “perceived threats”. 13 year old kid hold up in his room when the cavalry arrives. Cops ask the parents if their are any weapons in the room.

Cops enter the room and BAM! The kid takes a shot at them with a cross bow.

The parents didn’t consider it a weapon!

Dallas Williams
      Participant

That is the typical sheep mentality to view those that are young, elderly, female, small stature, etc. as weaker individuals and therefore not capable of being a deadly threat. That is why we have such a double standard in our society and the justice system when it comes to female vs male offenders for example. A woman murders her husband and a lot of people(and most importantly jurors) will have empathy for her and believe whatever lies the defense concocts about how he was possibly mentally/physically abusive to her and provoked her to commit the act and she either gets a light conviction/sentence or totally acquitted. However, a man murders his wife and everybody is ready to throw him into the electric chair no questions asked. People either don’t believe or don’t want to believe women, children, or the elderly are physically or emotionally capable of murdering or violently assaulting someone but the point is anybody no matter how frail or physically weak can be deadly with a weapon in their hands. For example, a soldier in Iraq or Afghanistan is faced with a situation of a young child 6 or 7 years old approaching him and taking aim with a gun to shoot him. He either has two choices either shoot the child and live or do nothing and allow the child to shoot him. When it comes down to the wire you gotta do what you gotta do to survive when your life is threatened and eliminate the threat even using deadly force if necessary no matter how benign society thinks it may be.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.