Training Partners/Training Groups – The Self Defense Company

Training Partners/Training Groups

Home Forums Welcome to the Legion! Training Partners/Training Groups

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
      Terry Davis
      Participant

I am in Austin, TX, I am wondering if there is anyone else in this area that would like to get together to train from time to time. I drive a big truck and I have an irregular schedule, I’m usually home on the weekends and frequently during the week.

It would be great if this forum provided some way to get in touch with other participants to form training groups. I understand privacy issues and this participation would be an opt. in.

Maybe just start a thread with your city and username so we could get in touch with each other. Or better yet, just post your username and city/state in this thread with some way to contact each other.

[Terry Davis], [Dan Tribble] is down your way. He would be a great guy to hook up with.

He’s in Fort Worth and you can email him starcsdc@gmail.com.

Terry Davis
      Participant

@Damian Ross said:

[Terry Davis], [Dan Tribble] is down your way. He would be a great guy to hook up with.

He’s in Fort Worth and you can email him starcsdc@gmail.com.

:Smile This is Texas, Ft. Worth is 200 miles away! This is good information, though, I do get around as a truck driver. Does anyone else in Texas want to chime in?

James Goolsby
      Participant

[Terry Davis],

First, let me welcome you to SDTS. You are definitely in the right place. You need this stuff if you’re out on the road! Besides, [Damian Ross] is as real as it gets and I promise he will not BS you.

I drove long haul for about a year and a half before getting into law enforcement. Oh, and you’re dead on about Texas… I once got dispatched on a load while down there than ran from one side of Houston to the other. Didn’t get paid squat cuz it was “in the same zip code” but damn near took me three hours thanks to traffic. Smile

Listen, I’m not in Texas, but I do live just outside of Nashville, TN right along I-40. As a truck driver you may pass through this way every now and then. If so, feel free to hit me up; we can certainly get together for some training if you find yourself waiting for a load or just need a break or something. Theres even a Love’s and Pilot both about 15 minutes from my house you could hold up at. Us Damian Disciples need to stick together, you know? Laugh

Stay safe, brother.

I’m next door in Louisiana, but I’m about 4 or 5 hours away from Houston, so I’m not that local. However if you have a little bit of equipment such as a BOB or a punching bag you will be able to do most if not all the drills in the SDTS. I train by myself only bc time constraints do not allow me to get to my buddies house two or three times a week. It seems to be going great for me, in two months I’m training in mod four and moving along smoothly. Good luck and train honestly.

Terry Davis
      Participant

While it would be nice to have a training partner in close proximity to be able to train several times per week, it would, also, work if a group could get together, say, once per month for a day or even a weekend of intense training and camaraderie!

My buddy and SDC instructor Scott Ard is finally opening the doors of his studio here in small town, Bogalusa, Louisiana I’ll talk with him as he is still working on schedules and see if we might can do a one day training on a weekend and invite ppl from all over to come. I will so be working on becoming an instructor, I just don’t wanna rush into it. Plus I’ve been busy as all heck the past cpl weeks with work. Got to many pots on the fire.

[Scott Ard] is great. He’s got to post more info about the opening so we can promote it.

[Damian Ross], he just posted it on Facebook wanting to know wht some good times and days would be for people. I believe it will be a good turn out he’s one of the best around here with concealed weapons courses and he has been talking to that clientele also. Just trying to get all the i’s dotted and t’s crossed. I’m gonna love this. I really want to start training more as if three days a week isn’t enough lol, but my goal is to become an instructor and work with him.

Great.

James Goolsby
      Participant

@Archie said:

My buddy and SDC instructor Scott Ard is finally opening the doors of his studio here in small town, Bogalusa, Louisiana I’ll talk with him as he is still working on schedules and see if we might can do a one day training on a weekend and invite ppl from all over to come.

Archie, as you know I’m just right up the road from you here in Tennessee. Definitely count me in. It’s a bit too far for a “day” gig, but if you were thinking of a weekend seminar or something along those lines I would certainly be willing to grab a motel and hang out for a few days (assuming I can get the time off).

Once you guys get something lined up down there let me know, please.

[James Goolsby] you will be the first on the board to know once he gets it all set up. I just hope it’s soon.

Well [Scott Ard] has opened the doors to the Bogalusa SDC and a a birthday gift to myself I’m going to put my body thru two hours of torture tomorrow night. I’m so happy it’s finally open. I know Scott has put a lot of time and effort into this Nd I’m proud of him. So [Scott Ard] you have my permission for 32 edge of hands on me tomorrow lol.
      I haven’t asked him anything as far as him doing a seminar yet. I wanna let him get settled in for a min before I mention that. But I did tell him he needs to get his butt on the board an post some Kiss

EXCELLENT!!!

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.